Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Burying the Show

Following two awesome performances in Philly at Studio 1831 and an equally awesome performance in Staunton at the Blackfriars, The Merry Devil of Edmonton has now been packed up into boxes, props replaced on shelves, and costumes moved back into storage for some other show. I would be remiss if I didn't think the cast and crew of Merry Devil one last time for their energy, support, and willingness to go on this little adventure. My work on the production of a new text of Merry Devil will continue (and you'll be able to read about my progress towards this end here), but none of my work on the text would have mattered without their work on the stage production, which has proven most helpful and informative towards my text production.

I also want to thank our sponsors one more time. Without the support of Mug Shots Cafe and Coffeehouse, the Beverley Cigar Store, and The Frederick House, all of Staunton Virginia, we wouldn't have been able to bring The Merry Devil to life. If you're in the Staunton vicinity and liked/appreciated what you saw, no matter where you saw it, please stop by and thank them for their generous support.

And because no play is complete without an audience, I want to thank all of you who came to see our work.

No comments:

Post a Comment